Friday, August 10, 2007

Friday's Drink: Blood Orange Soda


Happy Friday! And happy start of vacation! (At least for me.. I'm living the easy life until the 21st).

If you live in Pittsburgh, you know that the weather has sucked like nothing else this week. Wind and rain leads to floods and power outages.. And a lot of headaches and heartaches. To all my sandbag-happy Millvale friends ('s up, Joe?), hang in there, this too shall pass.

To ward off the bad-weather blues, Alex and I opted for a bright and fruity drink this evening- however our featured slurp is not the booze, but the mixer. Giant Eagle's Market District label makes a Blood Orange Soda that, unlike Crush or Slice, actually tastes like oranges (and isn't so sweet that it overwhelms the drinker). We tried this with both gin and vodka. While Alex enjoyed the vodka-based drink, I much preferred the gin (a little more of that Hendrick's I mentioned previously). Either way, it's great on its own or with any clear spirit of your choice. Cheers!

No comments: